Hey Fab Feministas,
In honour of my journey towards becoming a fit and fabulous feminista, I’d like to share a CLEAN EATING recipe with you every friday. Ummm, I’m a bit late today but its 11:47 pm in Lloydminster, Alberta ~ so technically it’s still friday – so here goes our 1st Friday Fooday Recipe!
btw … i’ll be making them again tomorrow. so, i’ll post pics and let Nala do a review ~ she’s becoming quite the foodie!
Egg White Muffins
1/2 cup green onions
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 chopped green chilli or jalapeño
2 cups of egg white and 1 whole egg
salt & pepper to taste
Approximately 2 cups egg whites and 1 whole egg
Freshly grated cheese as needed
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with PAM.
3. Spoon out the veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake.
4. Ladle the egg whites over the veggies. Make sure each muffin cup is 2/3 full.
5. Stir slightly with the fork.
6. Sprinkle top with cheese.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Try it out, and let me know what you think!
An aside … Yes – I digress!
1/2 CUP OATMEAL OR 1 SLICE LOW-GLYCEMIC BREAD (PUMPERNICKLE, RYE, EZEKIEL)